Monday, May 30, 2011

Why I Want To Join The Army

When I was a kid growing up, my grandfather always used to tell me stories about WW2. I would sit there and listen, for hours on end, I would look through his army stuff asking what all the medals were for. I looked up to that man, and the great sacrifice he made. And I thought to myself, I want to be like him when I grow up. Where one story, can earn someones respect...

And I am still looking up to that man today, as he is in heaven thank-you grandpa for everything you did. And I know you didn't do it for the fame, but someday.. I want to be like you.


So here goes, you see I have never been one for book learning I just can't stand it. And I honestly can't imagine myself going through university, well not right now anyway. Also, I feel like I need to get outside this city, explore new parts of the world and I figure, why not get paid for it? But, I really want to do it for two reasons..

One. I love this country, and I would gladly give my life to the people I love in it.  I want to enlist in the army, so the people I love don't have to.. I have wondered my whole life, if I am ever going to make a difference in my life.. Someone in the army doesn't ever have to wonder that because everyday they are protecting their country and everyone in it.

Two. It has been a dream of mine ever since I was little, hearing the stories playing with the army men. I guess I just want to instill the same amount of respect my grandfather did  in me, I want my son to look up to me that way.

You probably saying " But Brian you could die!".. I don't really fear death why fear something you can't run from? I fear living an average life, working behind a desk doing something I hate. The way I see it, I am fulfilling my childhood dream, and isn't that everyones goal in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment